Makes me think of yummy baked goods and spicy good smells… It’s good stuff, that cinnamon.
In addition to its over-all yumminess, recent studies have been showing that cinnamon can provide added health benefits. It has fiber and calcium, which helps to improve colon health and to fight heart disease. It also has been shown to:
- help lower LDL (the bad) cholesterol
- help to regulate blood sugar in diabetics
- have anti-clotting effect on the blood
- helps fight yeast infections
- boost brain function and cognitive processes
Yep. Shake a little cinnamon right on top of the coffee and brew as usual. (I don’t have a Kureig, so if you do, well, I don’t know what to tell you…) It adds a little sumpthin’ sumpthin’ to my coffee each morning AND it helps me to get a little cinnamon in each day.
It’s the little things that we do regularly that help us stay healthy. It may not seem like much, but it all adds up.